Just Us Girls

Just Us Girls

...one SMC's adventures in single motherhood.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

This and that

Just a quick update...

  • Glasses for K still haven't come in yet. I just want to get on with it already, get her started getting used to them over the weekend and send them to daycare with her sometime next week. Thank you, everyone, for your comments and stories...I'm much more at peace with the whole thing now than I was last week. Everything will ALL work out.
  • Serious Weight Loss Plan starts on Friday. Only because it's April first, and I want to make great progress by the end of May at the very least. They always say you have a much better chance of achieving a goal by going public with it, so here it is. Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it. I did lose 40 lbs before I got pregnant, so I know I can do it. It's all a matter of committing to it "officially" NOW. No more chocolate, Heather.
  • Eight more weeks of school before summer break. And yes, I'm counting down. Seventh graders SUCK in the springtime, just in case you were wondering. The upside is the fact that I'm in the midst of planning an awesome and rejuvenating unit on incorporating art, photography, and writing (specifically poetry in response to art) that will get us through the end of the year. It'll culminate in a gallery-type of celebration for students and parents that will coincide with the spring choir, band and orchestra concert in May...can't wait.
  • Our school talent show is on April 29th, so things are going to be busy this month as I get everything lined up for that.
  • K turns 13 months on Saturday!! Woo hoo! This morning was a tad rough only because it was the very first time that K cried as though her heart would break when she realized I was dropping her off at daycare and actually LEAVING her there. She loves it there, but it's that separation anxiety thing in full force. She was so sad this morning as I left...yes, I did shed a few tears in the car on the way to school. But it's all part of her growing up, I know. The trade-off is how ecstatic she was to see me when I picked her up again this afternoon. I think we were equally happy to see one another after a long day.
  • SO glad warmer weather is on its way...eventually. I have big plans for my backyard, even though it's pretty much the size of a postage stamp...grass seed needs to be sown, and I can't wait to plant flower and vegetable gardens back there. I have a wonderful vision of K and me hanging out back there together this spring and summer, enjoying the flowers and the great weather. Spring weather always puts me in a good mood!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for school almost being done! Sounds like you'll be super busy until then so the time should fly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the weight loss. I should have started long ago but I haven't been committed. Very excited about you trying for baby #2.

    ReplyDelete