Just Us Girls

Just Us Girls

...one SMC's adventures in single motherhood.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Imminent?

Hmm...things *might* just be getting interesting. Or maybe it's all in my head. The jury's still out. I have this desire tonight to stay up late, despite how tired I am, and clean up my house top to bottom. Could be that nesting thing everyone's been telling me about...not that the urge is compulsive or anything, but I really just want it DONE. My mom arrives in town on Tuesday, I have a highly-anticipated baby shower on Saturday, and I know time is gonna fly between now and Tuesday. I admit it--I'm starting to panic just a little about having my house as clean as I envisioned before this little one arrives. Other possible signs? A LOT of discomfort all day today and tonight--not contractions, but definite soreness and achiness and pressure to the point of not really being able to get comfortable. Oh, and a few other potential indications that are a little bit too tmi to write about here. :) I am seriously starting to wonder. I had another monitoring appointment today, and I was amazed at how much kicking this little girl was doing...waaay more than usual. And normally she's very quiet during the day. I've heard that the opposite can actually be a sign of imminent labor, that babies get pretty quiet and try to conserve their energy for labor and delivery. Can't say from experience, that's for sure. Only time will tell...but I seriously find myself wanting to be ready NOW just in case.

2 comments:

  1. It's very exciting! Best wishes for a safe and happy delivery!!
    Giantspeedbump

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW---I don't know from experience, either, but it does sound somewhat imminent! I have several friends who gave birth the day of their baby showers! Anyway...I'm sure everything will be clean enough, and shucks maybe mom can help with that, too. Thinking about you these next few days!

    ReplyDelete