Just Us Girls

Just Us Girls

...one SMC's adventures in single motherhood.

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Hurry up and wait

Nine weeks...

...has such a nice ring to it!

My next OB appt. is this Wednesday, and it feels like such a long wait until then. My latest fixation is the idea of a missed miscarriage, no heartbeat but the body hasn't quite caught on yet. So my first question will be when can I hear the heartbeat again--ultrasound, Doppler, I don't care. I know, I know, irrational, but there you have it. Oh, the joys of being on the cusp of 40 and pregnant for the first time...knowing full well all that can go wrong...

*sigh*

1 comment:

  1. I've heard of being able to detect the heartbeat on u/s as early as 5 1/2 - 6 weeks. I waited until 7 weeks for my u/s to be sure.

    Crossing my fingers for you for Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete