Just Us Girls

Just Us Girls

...one SMC's adventures in single motherhood.

Friday, July 3, 2009

How much is one person expected to deal with?!



My heart is breaking tonight for my friend Meggan, whose husband unexpectedly passed away last night. It hurts even to type those words. And he was out of town--she wasn't even with him! He was only 32, and she is due in August with their first child after having lost their previous child at 38 weeks. The baby seems to be doing fine--she went to the hospital/doctor today to get checked out since she went into absolute shock when she was told this morning about his death. And it was completely out of the blue, too...they did discover that his heart was enlarged, so the latest theory is that he died of a heart attack, and maybe there was a congenital defect or something. It's just so unfair.

I hope she gets some answers, but of course it won't really ease her pain. Reuben was supposed to be there. He was supposed to have the chance to hold his baby girl for the first time. He was supposed to get to be a daddy. This sucks. Meggan, you and your baby girl are in my prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Oh this breaks my heart...how awful. Your friend is in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's aweful! Meggan and her little one are in my prayers...

    ReplyDelete