Just Us Girls

Just Us Girls

...one SMC's adventures in single motherhood.

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

New hard top for my Jeep! Woo hoo!


(Well, new to me, anyway!) I had the best day! I wasn't sure it was going to work out in the end, but I yesterday I connected with a guy trying to sell his Jeep's hard top on Craigs.list. I still can't believe someone didn't snatch it right up yesterday, when it was first posted...those hard tops are in pretty high demand! But I drove the full hour plus up to Denver with NO ROOF (because the soft top won't fit in the car after you take it off) at 75-80 mph--the speed limit, which no one follows anyway--and I got caught in the rain twice. But you know what? It was SO worth it...it was a STEAL at about half the price you usually find hard tops for. I really needed it, too, for obvious safety reasons. Oh, and my car has been broken into three times now. Plus it's finally paid off, which is the sweetest feeling ever. And quite honestly, nothing is bothering me right now because I'M PREGNANT! I'm so sorry that that came across way more obnoxious than I intended...I've been on the outside looking in (and hating it) for the past two years, so I should know better. But I can't help it--I'm elated. Oh, and completely exhausted. It's amazing how much driving in a stressful situation takes it out of you. I'm ready for bed. Zzzzzzzz.

No comments:

Post a Comment