Just Us Girls

Just Us Girls

...one SMC's adventures in single motherhood.

Friday, July 3, 2009

This part really sucks.

I will be telling a good friend of mine today about my new status, and I'm not looking forward to it because she had been trying for a long time (and is now in line to become a foster mom and hopefully adopt) and I don't want to make her sad. Hopefully she won't be, but I know what it's like to want something badly and see everyone around you achieve what you haven't been able to. I think she's excited about her change in direction, so I hope it'll be all fine. I know she'll be happy for me regardless, but still... Whenever I found out a friend was pregnant, I was happy for her, but it was still tinged with some degree of sadness. I'll be seeing another good friend on Saturday and it'll be worse because she was just recently saying how hard it's been for her that everyone she knows, it seems, is getting pregnant.

The bottom line is that I don't want her to hear it from someone else.

I guess all I can do is to try to be as sensitive about it as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment